GRACE Leadership Journey
GRACE Leadership Journey is an in-depth application of Kohala Institute’s Collaboration For Solutions framework that is customized specifically for tomorrow’s leaders who will be high school juniors or equivalent in Fall 2019. It provides practical application of problem-solving skills, communications techniques, and leadership approaches to facilitating collaborative solutions that benefit the collective. The goal is for future community and business leaders to utilize their experiences, skills, and relationships developed in the program to make collaboration the “new normal.” The program seeks, at the most basic level, to shift the mindset from “not my problem” to “if not me, then who? If not now, then when? Not no can, but how can?!!
GRACE Leadership Journey uses place-based learning and practical application throughout its curriculum. Designed with the assistance of the Omidyar Fellows leadership program, the program focuses on 15 students per year.
- Must be a high school junior or equivalent in Fall 2019.
- Sign cover page (applicant and parent/guardian must both sign) acknowledging program schedule and time commitment required.
- Complete all application questions.
- Attach 2 letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Indicate whether you would like to apply for a scholarship.
- Submit your application through our website or email your application with attachments to email@example.com. Only completed applications will be considered.
The GRACE Leadership Journey program spans 12 months. The curriculum consists of 1 weekend session per month. Each session begins on Friday evening and ends early afternoon on Sunday. Meetings with mentors will happen monthly. Participants will also be expected to complete reading, writing, and other study/exercises between sessions.
Total time commitment will be approximately 24 hours a month:
- Pre-reading or other materials review, writing, etc. (2 hrs/variable)
- Conversations with Leaders (1-2 hrs)
- Weekend Session (20 hrs)